Very entertaining cartoon. I have taken a look at a bunch of reviews and I'd like to address a few things.
1) The guy who said something about species not being a hard thing, there is no 100% chicken or 99.9999 etc. % chicken, is right. Evolution happens very slowly, and it's impossible to state when it's a chicken or not a chicken. You can only look at focils and say "well that's DEFINATELY not a chicken".
2) There was a guy who said that this cartoon doesn't answer the question, just diverts it. Now which came first, the chicken-like creature, or the egg? And the answer is the egg... again. Another bird like creature hatched the egg, making the chicken-like creature. And where did this bird come from? Another bird. And where did that oen come from? Another type of bird. Keep going far back enough and eventually you get to dinosaurs. Bird evolved from dinosaurs.
So which came first the dinosaur or the egg? THe egg... it just keeps going back until the dinosaurs go back to the ocean, the ocean creatures get smaller and smaller, and eventually, you get a creature who mutated in some strange way to allow it's baby to develope outside it's own body in an egg. So eventually, a creature does come before the egg.
3) Someone mentioned that they don't understand how humans came from monkies. That's because humans didn't come from monkies. It's a misconception. Humans were never monkies. Ever. We were never gorillas, we were never apes. We just had a common ancestor. At one point, before there were humans or monkies, there was one species who gave birth to several (put simply, this happened over millions of years).
As for those who are religious and do not believe in evolution... I really dont' understand what there you don't believe in. Isn't it possible that God set up evolution? Perhaps God started the whole chain of events, and made sure it led to humans. Perhaps Adam and Eve were the first humans created (at least, by whatever standard God uses for humans).
Religion and science can merge very easily if you change "God did it" to "God set it up."
Anyway, with that said and done, I very much enjoyed your movie.
Now we are talking!
Recently (well, more than recently) there has been an outburst of Mario out takes. Some were really funny. However yours is, at least in my mind, different. THe amount of custom sprites that went into this payed off. Now the fart jokes got pretty old pretty past. But other than that, brilliant. I applaud you.
This is based on the "Good Idea, Bad Idea" skits on Animaniacs, isn't it? Man, that was a good show...
I'm in first place in survival! Woot! I rock! I rock! Go me! Go me!
Anyway, awsome game. Indeed, awsome.
Loved this man. Great amount of fun. Each unlockable had his own strenghts.
Santa: Neutral (to be used as comparison for other characters)
Alien Hominid: Jumps high. Goes higher when shooting the ground than Santa does. Gun does more damage. Less life (40HP)
Pbot: walks a bit slower. Jumps real, but has little control over direction of movement. 100HP. Attacks does more damage.
Pico: Fires fast. Real fast. Less life (60HP i think). Does 5 damage. Jumps are decent.
Shark guy thing (don't know name): Jumps low. 7 Damage. Can't remember life, but i think it's 30. Rockets make big explosions. Best part? Water doesn't kill him. If he touches water, he jumps real high. Extremely useful for those levels where water keeps killing you. REALLY useful when fighting final boss. Stand in the water and wait for him to come to you.
Tips for boss: The giant boss is actually a real easy 2 second boss. When you see him, shoot him once, he'll follow you now. Run to the left, all the way to the wall. Then just up the wall. You'll be out of his reach, and can easily shoot the guy off his back. Then just shoot the icicles. This is a fast match for Pico and Pbot. But it's just as easy for everyone, and so therefore, use the shark, cause it makes the second half easy.
Second half: Find lowest land, and stand there until he fires at you. Jump up at the last second and a piece of land will be destroyed. Jump into the crator and wait for another attack, jumping again at last second. Water should appear by now. This is why you should be the shark. Stand in the water (you'll be jumping). Just stand there and wait for the guy to come to you. He'll drown. You'll win.
Well this is a fantastic game, no doubt. For starters, I love how you have to balance all the features, and yet somehow manage to get this guy to mutate. Everytime he dies, i find myself restarting to see how i can improve. I picked up a few tips for whoever wants to know:
1) Always use anesthetic before doing... anything. I find a good 20-30 gives me enough time to do whatever i need to get done.
2) The higher the Mutagen level, the faster he mutates. While it's in green, it'll happen slower, but he won't recieve any damage.
3) If he's mad, just keep petting him. Works wonders.
4) Make sure he has high health (located at bottom left) when giving him implants. (though he doesn't need him. Mutating alone will make him interesting enough)
5) Radout reduces radiation, which is helpful if... you dont' want him to die.
6) I can't find a way to make him heal faster, so just wait. Time heals most wouds.
Other things i like: I love the fact when you zoom in, you just get this great show. My guy is getting more and more rediculous.
One problem i found is it took a lot to discover all this. I suggest you make more detailed instructions. What's the difference between the foods? What does higher intelligence do? Etc. Just give more details. Maybe higher intelligence he starts doing more tricks? Higher strenght he starts lifting weights, etc.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.